My 22 year old self would laugh so hard at this list. The writing is on the wall, I am a middle aged woman trapped in the mainland.
- I actually think the gift of appliances is kind of romantic. Thanks hunnie for my sexy miele vacuum.
- Yes, that fresh scent is essential oils mixed in all my natural cleaning products…to think I used to mock those people.
- Dine in? Mmm, do they deliver? I’d rather direct a Broadway show than get everyone dressed for a meal.
- So many highly rated restaurants in the city, so many options for date night! By the time we arrange a babysitter and make the drive…How about take out?
- I have seen things only parents could understand. I am damaged goods in the bodily fluids department thanks to my offspring.
- Did I mention I enjoy vacuuming the floors? Basically, I have turned into my mom.
- Forget the cleaning lady…I just need 3 hours to get this house cleaned the right way. My way! (What is happening to me?)
- The sun is out. Break out the chalk. It’s time to draw on the sidewalk. Distant memory of beach days and drinks plays in my mind.
- I own a crockpot and use it often. Fail to plan=Plan to fail. #parenting
- Yeah, I freeze meals these days. I became one of those people as well.
- Gardening is a real thing. Nothing like tomatoes and onions you have shielded from the forces of nature and voracious birds.
- Thank goodness Disney produces such high quality movies. Can you imagine watching Frozen a million times if it sucked? Yes. We have watched it at least a million times.
- Our Amazon Echo plays Finding Nemo’s soundtrack most of the day. The sad part is that I like it.
- I wash my hair in the middle of the night. Those 15 minutes of silence are therapeutic.
- I own my share of Lularoe leggings and dresses; bought them in the name of comfort and became one of those people.
- I live in music city but rarely go to a musical event. The city is like 25 miles away.
- Fine dining: drive-thru hibachi. How things have changed.
- At what time is story time at Barnes and Noble? To think I attended a couple of first dates at BN and never noticed the kids section.
- Who loves audio books? This girl! Let’s be real, no one wants to read a business book after Llama, Llama red pajama.
- I own and wear so many Lee Company branded items…I am pretty much a walking billboard.
- My coffee mug is Lee Company branded. Pretty sure I used to have a cute mug with a motivational quote not long ago.
- Summertime margaritas in my neighbor’s backyard fill up our social calendar. They have the margaritaville machine!
- My online shopping carts are filled with clothes I will not buy because I am in between sizes. What if this is my permanent new size?
- I have started using the anti wrinkles products I bought in my mid-twenties. Better late than never.
- My patience for drama has worn rather thin. I am more of a “give it to me straight” kind of person these days.
- I wish the silly jogger who runs through our cul-de-sac at freaking 4 am would just go away. Our dogs go nuts thanks to you! Why do we have to suffer the consequences of your healthy lifestyle? Buy a treadmill!
- I lie, I do like drama; especially the one that unfolds a few times a week on our community Facebook group. I should have real social interaction, I know.
- Who knew I would start napping at 30? You sleep when they sleep is pure gold in the advice scale.
- Sadly, our dogs only get my attention while I am on the toilet, I am a captive audience at that point.
- Did I mention my squatty potty? Oh my! You must buy one like right now!
- Love is: “I got this one hunnie”, in reference to a poopie diaper.
- Chicken tenders make such a great dinner. Yes, I am one of those people too.
- Can I just say Publix sushi is so unjustly underrated?
I love the quirky ways of our days.
Cheers to being 33!
A happy mom in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.